Saturday, October 27, 2012

Churches

Churches,

Just yesterday, I asked my mom about going to my friends church, and immediately the first reaction was no. Now i must admit i was surprised. I had originally thought that there would of been a yes, yet i got the opposite. I pressed a little further, and she basically said that she believes that we should worship as a family. At this point my first reaction was to defend my want,  feeling a little demoralized. I mean, what about times where other members of my family were not present, but i figured that wouldn't matter at this point. She said i could go just this time.

Now i began to think about this more during today. My first thought was "Hey, just expanding my view right?". Well, for one that is right. I would by no means want to be a church hopper, i believe in finding a church that is yours and staying. However, I've been at the same church for 18 years, i would like to searched a bit, because: as a young man, I sometimes find myself searching prices for housing and places. I often like to visit other areas, and would like to get use to the area, and churches in just one place i feel i should visit and see. (And at this point i would like to say i love my church, i find nothing wrong with it and support its teachings and ways with full force). These are just some of my thoughts on the account.

Yet i understand her perspective. Family worship is one of the most powerful  forms of worship there is. Family worship brings a family together in means of understand, unified belief and even discussion and mindset. Being under a roof that desires this i have to accept it, and I really dont have a problem with it, just thoughts. I will post my experience tomorrow.

What have you felt at other Church's, and have you found one your grounded in?

No comments:

Post a Comment